Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Summary (From Goodreads)

'Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.'

Don't knock it before you try it just because aliens are mentioned. Aliens can be awesome. Or in this case, hot.
I was skeptical at first when I began to read it. To tell you the truth, I never would have started this book if my friend hasn't been gushing about it. Even then, it wasn't high on my to-read list until that same friend stuck it in my hands.
Since I began the series on Friday, I have finished the first three books and I'm three-fourths of the way done with the fourth.
The main character, Katy, has a blog, which is actually where I got the inspiration to start this one. (Although, I had been planning on starting this for a couple of months now. Obsidian just gave me the final prod.)
Jennifer Armentrout is an amazing author who does not get the amount of credit she deserves. Ms. Armentrout has created her own little world where aliens and humans interact somewhat freely, and can even be friends.
I can't wait to find out how this series ends, and I bet pretty soon you won't be able to, either!

Recommended for: ages 14+
Rating: 4.5 starsCheck it out on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment