Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs Review


       I just finished this book around an hour ago and couldn't even wait my standard three or more hours of dwelling on the story before writing a review it was so amazing!
The saddest thing about reading this book was that I had started it in the beginning of October. October! That was two months ago! It's not my fault, though, I had lost the book and I just found it about a week ago.
       Okay. Maybe it was my fault.
       On Friday(?) I was going through a box of finished books (we just moved) and found my copy on the very bottom of the box. I think I slapped myself with it for being so stupid.
Anyways, I finished the book I was reading at that moment and then started where I had left off in Miss Peregrine's.

Review Time!

       I found the story line of this book so impeccably spotless and it flowed so well that I couldn't put it down (until I lost my book.) The characters were flawed just enough to be believable and they became my friends. I didn't want them to leave me (but they did.... When I lost their book...)
       Ransom did an AMAZING job at creating a perfectly unique story unlike any I've ever heard of before. A lot of his characters had grown up in the early 1900s and and writing about that sometimes proves difficult as that period of time is so far removed from us. I think he did an excellent job at it. (Not that I'm a good judge. I have only lived in this recent time, after all.)
        The climax kept me on the edge of my seat- Err, bed- the entire time! I recommend reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children the second you can! Or now. Now's good.

Rating: 4.5 Stars
Recommended for: Ages 12+

No comments:

Post a Comment