Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Review: The Phoenix Fallacy Book I: Janus by Jon Sourbeer




      This book is set in a dystopian society ruled by the different corporations, whose names are based around different mythologies. The main character of this story, Janus, has lived in the slums of the Cerberus Corporation all his life. One day, he is summoned to the too level of the corporation by his mother's employer, Overlord Middleton. She tells Janus that he is being sold and will become a Mercenary. At first, this puts Janus and his mother up in arms, but once Janus had gone, he realized that becoming a merc wasn't a bad thing.
       In the flying city of Valhalla, Janus trains hard alongside his fellow cadets, training to become a full-fledged merc, or an adept, as they call themselves.
       I really enjoyed this book, more than I though I was going to. I can't wait to get my hands on the second book in the trilogy, The Phoenix Fallacy Book II: Norm, which came out on Friday.
       Jon Sourbeer came to speak to my class about his book and what it means to self-publish on Thursday. He's a truly amazing man. My friend and I also had the chance to stay after everyone else left to speak with him one on one. We talked about our favorite times to write and some of the books we find inspirational. Find him at his website
       I think everyone should go get this book, especially since the first is only $2.99 on  Amazon right now!
This is the map of where the corporations are located.


Rating: 4.5 Stars
Recommended for: ages 12+

No comments:

Post a Comment